Pride- some might call it 'emotion' ; for me its a 'virtue'.
Ruminations of a confused satellite/ planet
--Disclaimer: As against my own principle, I am making a lot of generalizations here. Caution.-- I read an interesting opinion today, about women. Quoting D.H. Lawrence, from "Women in Love": "And woman is the same as horses: two wills act in opposition inside her. With one will, she wants to subject herself utterly. With the other she wants to bolt, and pitch her rider to perdition." I won't be fair if I deny the first bout of horror (no doubt, feminist in origin) that came to my head; to sample a few- Not a horse, surely! And so judgmental! To define an entire race in mere 40 words!- and so the rest. But a calmer examination of these words opened up another universe of meaning to me. No doubt there is more to women than horses alone. Of course, men can't ride on their backs (and backs alone i mean). But come to think of it, there are two wills inside me at times; and I am a woman- though a poor sample set, but that is the beauty of generalities, who cares ...
:)
ReplyDelete